Weighing the hull

So today I finally got around to weighing the hull. Earlier in the week I replaced the yokes that carry the timber skids or bunks or whatever you like to call them. You can see the results in the photos below.

My crane scale is a Chinese thing off ebay for $85.It is not calibrated but I have been happy with the reading it's given me previously. When I got the hull clear it read 330kg,and started falling slowly to the high 320's. That is a lot more than the manufacturer quoted 250kg especially given it was sans rudder and rig. I did not have a chance to weigh the trailer.

To get a quick data point I slung a tie down off the scale and stepped up on it. 83.5 kg, exactly what I'd got at the doctors this week. Ok so give or take a couple of kg for food clothes keys in pocket etc but that's pretty remarkable. So I'd guess the 330 kg is within 10 kg of the actual bare hull weight.

Obviously there is rope and mattresses but I'd guess they account for less than 10kg.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the river

Introduction and Cal14