Cal14 variations

I have been reading as much as I can find on the Cal14 and looking at photos on the internet.

Most of the photos that follow are taken from various sites. If you object to my using them please let me know and I'll take yours down.

It seems there are 3 distinct series. I have seen them referred to as mk1, 2, 3 so I'll stick to that until I find evidence otherwise.

Mk1. Longer cabin, full length cockpit seat to port, starboard has a "scoop" ahead of the transom to accommodate the outboard. Seats are higher.


Note teh distinct ridges on the cabin top above.





Note the raised cockpit seats and "scoop" to starboard to allow transom mounted outboard.











Mk2. Shorter cabin, both cockpit seats end ahead of the transom. Ridge outboard of cockpit seats apparent.



Side shots show the shorter cabin clearly.


Cockpit seats end short of transom.








Flat floor in the cabin.




Double hinged hatch on cabin.







Mk3. Rounder cabin, forward hatch, one piece rear hatch on sloping cabin bulkhead, seats as per mk2. No flat floor in cabin, lower but rounded.




The aft end of the cabin slopes more than the earlier boats and has a 1 piece hatch.


The step at the forward end of the cockpit has been done away with, only enough left for the traveler.


More rounded with a forward hatch.




The flat floor is gone, this one 1 is lower but rounded.


The seats end about 18" forward of the transom. Useful space. The Cal14 isn't suitable for large crews.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the river