Rigged


So there has been some progress.


I rigged the boat this afternoon for the first time. There was a bit of breeze but I risked it.


Jib sheets and main sheet. Initially I missed the forward fairleads but ...


then I sorted it.


The outhaul and downhaul are confusing at this stage. I'll take a closer look later.


It's weird. It almost looks like it had single line reefing.


Likewise the downhaul is not obvious.


I am pretty sure this is meant to be a boom tent.


Like everything on the cal it's very small.




My hercus lathe. I turned down some dowel to extend the aft mast cradle.


The timber extension. I really don't know how you would step the mast without it.


The halyards and main sheet were all crusty and horrible.


I took them off and measured them intending to buy new.



but then I had an idea. I tried washing the ropes in my machine at 95C with some detergent.


and they came out much better than I would ever have expected.


Saved $50 and a trip to the chandlery.




I don't know how I feel about these fittings. They attach the head of the main and jib. I don't know how secure that pin fitting is.



The new winch. $26 delivered off ebay. Rated 1500lb, 4:1 ratio. The old winch was 2:1 and too hard to wind, plus the cable was rusted and broken. I cut my hand last week on it. The straps are not great but it will do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day at the river

Introduction and Cal14