A day at the river

Well I finally dropped the cal14 in some water. Took it down to the brisbane river with just the outboard. Cut my finger on the steel winch cable but finally got going under power.

The 2.3 hp outboard needs a tune. Won't run without some choke won't run at full throttle. Quieter than I expected but vibration was bad. Hopefully a tune and service will sort it out.

The other big problem is it leaks. I knew there was an issue with the cockpit drain but I had no idea it would take on  water so quickly. About 1/2 hour in the river and over 5 liters came out the bilge.

So 3 more things to fix.

The video shows the cockpit drain with the cockpit flooded with a hose. Under it is the bilge drain. All the water that's coming out is from the cockpit.


And a couple of photos at the ramp.



The standard outboard leg really isn't long enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction and Cal14